Monday, October 24, 2011

Getting Wow-ed at West Fork

Friday, October 21

I try to hike this trail at least once every visit, and it never disappoints.  Regardless of season, despite the crowds (mostly on the way back - I start out as early as possible), this 6.4 mile round trip is a feast for the senses.  Anyone who comes to visit will be dragged here and forced to endure towering Ponderosa Pines, dramatic canyon walls, meandering Oak Creek, wildflowers galore, a chorus of birdsong...don't say I didn't warn you!

Just one of endless glorious spots along the trail


Ditto

My kind of Golden Arches              

Mother Nature's "red carpet"

I helped this Wooly Bear (and several of his kin) across
the trail so they wouldn't get smushed. 
I saw a few other people doing the same thing - go Wooly Bears, go!


Yes, the sky looks like this every day!



No comments:

Post a Comment