Saturday, September 3, 2011

Getting on the Road Again

ALL IN A DAY'S DRIVE...




Soooo...on my way down south to attend my nephew's wedding on Sunday - in Hattiesburg, MS.  Friday's drive was long and boring, but not nearly as long as my marathon drives to AZ.  Not nearly as interesting, either.  Despite intensive study of maps and guidebooks, I could not find one point of interest along the way.  I was grateful for the good weather - only a few raindrops coming through Memphis (yes, I did the Graceland thing years ago).  Hot and muggy but hey, it's the south!

A very long time ago when I was an account exec for ADP, my "territory" was LA, MS, parts of AR and TN.  Many of these places are familiar (such as Okolona, MS and Rector, AR) and also places I never thought I'd see again.  Rector - how's that for a name?  I clearly remember installing a small computer system in the local GMC truck dealership, and several townsfolk - including the mailman, stopped by to watch!  "Hey, thar's a GIRL settin' up that computer system over at the truck store!"

You know you're in the south when you see armadillo roadkill!

It was a pleasant enough evening at the Quality Inn of Grenada, MS.  Looking for things to do for Saturday morning...maybe even a hike near Grenada Lake? 


1 comment:

  1. Yahoo - So glad to read a new post - although I'm a little scared at how those state sign photos were taken - not WHILE you were driving, right? Good luck with the wedding - don't party TOO hard!

    ReplyDelete