Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Getting Up Early

Spectacular sunrise this morning, on my way to hike.  Worth getting up for!


I hiked an old favorite trail, the Jim Thompson.  The trail winds and rolls along below Ship Rock and crosses below Steamboat Rock.  Great views of Midgely Bridge (or as the signs sometimes read, "Midgely BridgeLY."  It ends at the junction with the Wilson Canyon trail.  Steamboat tank had lots of water from recent rains, but as usual, I saw no wildlife.  It was on this trail a few years back that I got a great photo of a fresh mountain lion print!

My friend Kristi says that when she hikes, she attracts snakes.  Note to self - do NOT hike with Kristi.  Ha!  I, however, attract unleashed, unruly dogs with rude owners.  Has been happening far too often, including this morning.  I do not find it pleasant to come around a bend in a trail, to be met by two unleashed, snarling dogs and an owner meandering far behind.  When  I politely ask that they call/leash their dogs, I am met with appalling hostility.  Come on, people, do what's right!  Protect your pet (Hello?  mountain lions, coyotes, snakes and other hazards!) and be considerate of others.

My biggest dilemma out here?  Where should I hike tomorrow?
Aahhh, Life is Good!

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous gorgeous pic. You could SO take those dogs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, a taser-gun comes to mind. Not for the dogs, but the owners!

    ReplyDelete