Sunday, October 24, 2010

Getting Mooned

Wow, what a sky!  We have had so much cloud cover the last few days, that there was nothing to see.  This morning, however, the sky is clear, the full moon is spectacular.  Even with that bright light, many stars are visible.  A meteor shower peaked a couple of days ago, but the clouds prevented any hope of seeing it.   I did see one shooting star just after stepping outside.  That enticed me to grab my 2nd cup of coffee, wrap up in a blanket, and sit on the deck for a while.  Perfectly quiet, no breeze to rustle the trees, the only sound - the crowing of a rooster down the road. 

The last time I stepped out to see a full moon, a tarantula came back inside with me.  You can be sure I am on heightened "arachnid alert."  Before coming back inside, I did quite the jig to discourage any hitchhikers.  I love nature - as long as it stays outside where it belongs!

No comments:

Post a Comment