Saturday, October 23, 2010

Getting sunny!

Looking down on West Sedona this morning, from Airport Mesa loop.  The top of Thunder Mountain is obscured by clouds.  Finally, a dry day although the clouds did hang around off/on.  Yesterday was awful - dark, dreary, chilly, and it rained all day and night!  Almost unheard of out here in October, and I hope we've seen the last of it.

Sedona's small airport is located atop a mesa, and the loop trail goes completely around it.  It provides 360 degree views of Sedona and is a very nice, winding trail.  The east slope is covered with 1000's of prickly pear cactus, many with fresh javelina bites (see proof in photo below).  But do I see any javelina?  Noooo.   I thought sure I heard them hiding and laughing at me, and then realized it was my stomach growling.  Good thing I had that apple in my backpack.

My shoes and pantlegs were a muddy mess, but it was a small price to pay for another great morning out on the trails!

No comments:

Post a Comment