Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Getting Out of AZ

Wednesday, Nov. 2, 2011

My last hike on Tuesday, Jack's Canyon trail

The hiking boots are packed away, along with the hiking poles and dorky pink hat.  It was another good trip to Red Rock Country, but time to once again return to IL.  Sigh.  I'm at the PHX airport, enjoying a yummy sandwich (Paradise Bakery is fab!) and killing time. 

Very glad to be out of the cramped van from Sedona to the airport.  And to no longer be listening to a guy loudly tell the captive audience about all of his UFO experiences.  I'm not sure if they exist or not, but how many people do you know that have "seen" one?  This guy claims to see them regularly.  Would that be before or after ingesting those funny mushrooms?  Our van driver joined the discussion, claiming several of her own "sightings."  Uh, this woman is driving 9 of us in a van at 75 mph down I-17.  Something about that is rather unsettling!

The woman seated next to me gave up on trying to read, and we had a nice chat for the last part of the trip.  Turns out she lives in Sedona, loves to hike, seems to like some of the same places that I do.  She is a children's book author/illustrator and very cool.  Gave me her email, so perhaps we can hit the trail together some time.

I would rather face tarantulas on a trail than get on a plane...but here I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment